06/02/2009

Creationism is a sketch

Many conservative Christians do not accept the Theory of Evolution. Modern Christians, as I define them, can combine evolutionism and Christianity with no problems. Fundamentalists cannot. That's why those kind of Christians are called fundamentalists. But whatever a person believes, creationism cannot be an alternative explanation of world creation. The evolutionism and other sciences are too advanced for such silly statements. Who does really believe that lions originally ate grass? Creationism is therefore only a sketch of imagination, not based on pure logic.


When I think of conservative Christians, the first country I associate with fundamentalism is the United States of America. Norway was by the way christianized in the 10th century. This was late compared to most countries in Europe. If I compare U.S. with Norway, I must pick a northern state with size of 125 000 square miles and 4,7 million citizens. In addition, I look for coast line and snow capped mountain tops. I think Minnesota is the most comparable state, although lakes and rivers remind me more of Finland.

In Norway, about 59 % of the population do "believe" in the Theory of Evolution. And one out of ten Norwegians (Christian conservatives or not) do not believe in Darwin. Those are bad numbers! But the resistance in U.S. is even greater! One out of three Americans do not believe in Theory of Evolution. A huge difference! Although Norway has extremely high percent of literacy.

I do actually know the leading spokesman for creationism in Norway, but I have never discussed the topic with him. I am rather disappointed over the physician I once knew. What does he have on his mind? He must be stubborn!

I divide religion and policy. It is unimportant to teach creationism at schools. Mainly because the idea of creationism doesn't make sense. For those who prefer to continue to believe in the Bible, that is their choice. But why should a whole society listen to their beliefs? That doesn't make sense either, if the answer is yes. The Bible is not the whole truth.

Yes. I am wrong. Creationism is not a sketch after all. It is written down and hasn't been updated in 2000 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment